Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I've been tagged!

passerby55 has tagged me.here are my responses


One book that changed your life?

The Geeta according to Gandhi.Unfotunately I lent it to a friend who forgot to return it to me.

One book you have read more than once?

'To kill a mocking bird' by Harper Lee.I am fond of reading portions of a book over and over again.

One book you would want on a desert island?

'The Fountain Head' by Ayn Rand

One book that made you laugh?

'Love and Marriages' by Bill Cosby. Actually there are a few more.

One book that made you cry?

It is a Tamil book "Nainda Ullam" by Anuttama

One book you wish had been written?

A book on how to tackle daughters in law. I may soon have one and I want to be prepared.

One book you wish had never been written?

I can't think of such a book.

One book you are currently reading.

'falling leaves'- a true story of a chinese girl.

One book you have been meaning to read?

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.Better late than never!

Now let me tag Velu Nair and Srijith Unni to see what they have to say

9 comments:

passerby55 said...

Some good titles shared by you here. thankyou Preeta.

"It is a Tamil book "Nainda Ullam" by Anuttama"

has this book been translated in english by any writer?

Hip Grandma said...

passerby55:not that I know of.will try to find out

starry said...

Could not help laughing about the book that you want to write. How to tackle your daughter in law. There should be manuals available because no body really knows how.also one for the daughter in law as how to be nice to the mother in law as well. Nice list of books.

Usha said...

I think with your kind of attitude you would be a wonderful mother in law and be the right person to author sucha book!
Go for it!

Ankit said...

The Geeta according to Gandhi

toatlly agreed

Hip Grandma said...

lalitha:true mine is a tall ambition.each case is unique.

usha:I really hope my DIL understands that.after all we're 'free to hope'

ankit:have you read the book?can you tell me where a copy may be got?

srijithunni said...

Thanks for tagging me.. :)

Shall do it in short time..

A great list.. The Gita is a great inspiration for me too..

The Inquisitive Akka said...

Oh I love "To kill a mockingbird"! I can read it again and again without getting bored! Maybe you could ask my mil how she tackles me :) You'll be a really cool mil!!!

Hip Grandma said...

srijith:The Geeta is a must read for all people.looking forward to your responses.

IQA:may be you could put your MIL on the blog and we could exchange notes!so you too like 'to kill a mocking bird'.I love the book.