Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Happy Year 2011

My very first post for the year 2011 should naturally begin with my wishes to each of you for a very happy, scam free New year. Wishful thinking but I do hope we put our heads together and think of what can be done to improve the quality of life rather than let sensational report be utilized to improve the TRP ratings of news channels.

My visit to Mumbai, Bharuch and Shiridi was a memorable one. I got to meet Suranga in person and felt that I had known her all my life. She is the fourth blogger I got to meet. Artnavy, Usha and Mallika (Eve's lung) being the other three. I've spoken to Riti (Itching to write) over the phone. It was a pleasure getting to know you and as for the rest whom I haven't met let me say that each of you is as precious and hopefully we may still meet up any day any time.

How does one feel when one meet a cousin after 35 years and her husband for the first time? That's what happened when I visited Bharuch. It was so nice to meet A... about whom I had only heard in a favorable light and again my husband and me took to him instantly. My husband who takes time to open up surprised me when he said that he wished to talk to A... on our return from Bharuch. Since I can count the number of times he has spoken to me or to his own sister and brother or to our children for that matter, I concluded that he must have felt connected to A... Hats off A... you have indeed achieved something!

I wonder if I should switch over to the reading mode for the next few months? My posts are becoming repetitive and I seem to have nothing new to write about. But then the talkative person that I am, I may just forget my resolution within a week and want to share my observations with you all!

It is rather cold in our parts of India though not as bad as the North as in Delhi or UP and Rajasthan. My knees are a constant reminder of the chilly weather. that reminds me. Suranga had advised me to check my B 12 and D 3 levels. I think I'll do it soon- after all health is wealth isn't it?

A Happy New year all of you. please come up with ideas to deal with scamsters and the like who think nothing of depriving children below poverty line of precious milk meant for them as has happened in the Aanganbadi in our town.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hip Hop Grandmom

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead. Please do keep writing. There is a wonderful wisdom, and strength of experience in your posts.

It is a real source of encouragement and guidance to your readers.

Ending with warm regards
Anu

Ardra said...

Dear HHG!
Wishing you a Joyful, healthful, Bountiful year ahead...and yes, please keep blogging too...
love

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

Happy New year HHG !!

Rama Ananth said...

It is indeed a nice new year post. I am glad you had a memorable trip.
Happy New Year to you and your family.

Renu said...

Wishing you a happy, helathy and prosperous new year!!

as for scams, they cant be prevented in a jiffy, but surely in the long run everyone can do a lot, by just being ethical in personal and professional lives,neither take, nor give any bribe..this small oath can bring agiant change.
Personally i see many people take a short cut for many things.sometimes to save time, sometimes to save trouble and if we cant take small troubles, we will have take the big scams.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy new year, HH Grandmom!!

R's Mom said...

happy new year HHG! please dont even think about stopping to post..each of your post is unique in its own way :)

hillgrandmom said...

Happy New Year HHG, and as you say, sans scamsters.

Aathira Nair said...

Happy New Year HHG :)

I have never met any bloggers and somehow do not know how I will feel on meeting them too.

Unknown said...

Hi HHG ! A very happy new year to you . I hear its freezing in Jsr . Not too bad here - quite chilly :) I hope you and your family have a superb year :)

Unknown said...

@Aathira - couldnt resist commenting . I've met plenty of my fellow bloggers and spoken to quite a few and let me tell you its like meeting an old friend !

Gouri Guha said...

Happy New Year to you too.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Wish you a great year ahead. Glad to know that you went to Shirdi, which happens to be one of my favorite places too.

Hip Grandma said...

Anu:that was a nice compliment and it comes at a time when I felt a little low. thanks a million.i do hope that I am inspired to come up with good posts due to the encouragement of people like you.Thanks for your wishes and may you have a great year ahead too.

Ardra:Thanks Ardra and wish you the same too.

CA:thanks and wish you the same to you and your family.

rama:thanks and same to you and your family.

Renu:'sometimes to save trouble and if we cant take small troubles, we will have take the big scams.'
Well said. Happy New year to you and yours.

Jay:thanks Jay. wish you and your family the same.

R's Mom:Thank you. Wishing you, R and your husband a great year ahead.

hillgrandmom:Thanks Susan and wish you the same.

Aathira:As eve's lung says you will like it a lot when a fellow blogger turns up in person.

eve's lung:Yeah it is freezing or may be almost freezing in Jampot.So I have to quiver and shiver to say 'A... Happpy newww year to you too.!!

Gouri Guha:Thanks and same to you.

Swapna:Thanks and wish you the same. I normally include a visit to Shiridi when I visit Mumbai. It gives me a peaceful feeling.

dr.antony said...

I think you had a good start already.
Wish you a very successful year ahead.I met two blogger friends for the first time last week.It was really exciting.Another blogger fom Singapore,Keats,visited my family when she came to India on a trip.
Some of us with similar interests could easily become good friends.It is also easier to talk to unseen friends,thasn the ones close to you.No harms done.

Keep on blogging.Whatever you write shows your experiences in life and the wisdom you have gained.Dont wait for a subject.Just write what comes to your mind.
Happy blogging.

Hip Grandma said...

dr.antony:Thanks and wish you the same. Because of my unpredictable computer I am not able to keep track of any of the posts. I hope it gets solved soon.